Branch Sales/Business Development – Jacksonville Area
About the Position
A1 Orange Exterior Building Services, an established and growing industry-leading contractor to the property management industry, seeks a high-energy, results-oriented sales professional to help us grow our Jacksonville, FL, branch. Experience selling to or working with our primary target audience of property managers/owners and engineers is very helpful.
You will be responsible for generating new leads and establishing new clients, using a systematic sales process to target and capture new business – establishing contact via cold calls or walk-ins, networking events, email, etc. You are also responsible for generating new business with existing clients – deepening relationships, identifying those with the most expansion opportunity, and employing cross-sell/up-sell strategies to expand their level of engagement. Applicant must be willing and able to quickly master complex estimating process.
*** Duties & Responsibilities ***
GENERATE NEW BUSINESS: Plan, executive and track results of sales initiatives and strategies to bring new business into the Jacksonville Branch. Develop and produce progress reports on monthly, quarterly, and annual sales goals, as well as monthly new business commission reports on outreach to prospects in the following groups:
- New Clients – Using business association memberships, industry resources, and company resources, expand and hone a new client prospect target list. Generate sales by identifying and communicating services that solve their property maintenance needs.
- Existing Clients – Develop a client prospect list of those with the best potential for expansion of services and work that list to cross-sell/up-sell services that meet their needs Communicate/meet with clients regularly to review our current work, get their feedback/make corrections, and look for opportunities to provide additional services. (This is also part of your retention strategy.)
- Office Call-In/Internet Leads – Pursue these leads promptly and be sure to look for cross-sale/up-sell opportunities.
PRODUCT & ESTIMATING EXPERTISE: Develop a strong working knowledge of contractor’s services and pricing, so that you can accurately generate daily estimates using company bidding procedures for all lines of service and generating profitable fee structures. Present our solutions and estimates to the client.
- When developing proposals, request a meeting with clients/potential clients to complete information intake — to understand why the client is bidding out their services (their needs), and to review their goals, possible solutions to their needs, and our value propositions.
INDUSTRY LIAISON: Participate in Jacksonville area industry associations to meet potential clients and interact with current clients.
- Follow-up these meetings with personal contacts for appointments to generate new leads and building existing relationships into more business.
- Use these contacts for referrals to other targeted clients.
CLIENT RETENTION: Develop a plan to boost retention of existing clients using discovery meetings, post-service visits/phone calls, association events, social activities and emails/notes to maintain a strong connection and offering our services whenever the opportunity arises.
- Schedule discovery meetings with current clients, to include evaluation of our service level, areas we can commit to improving service levels, any current service opportunities using a review of our value proposition and service platform, if needed, and leave with an agreement on how our partnership will move forward.
TEAM PLAYER: For success, this position requires ongoing collaboration with the Jacksonville Branch office team, and the Orlando Operations Department regarding sales goals, planning, forecasting, estimating and retention. Develop short- and long-term sales goals – i.e. monthly, quarterly, and annual sales goals.
- Meet and coordinate with operations management on bidding complex new sales opportunities (such as rigging, safety and/or compliance issues) and fee structure development.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Extensive travel is required throughout wide sales territory to customer locations to meet clients and to prepare estimates.
- Role begins with a month-long training in Orlando at beginning, housing provided.
A successful candidate will have:
- Experience working within or selling to the property management industry
- Have strong sales skills and be a high energy, self-starter
- Experience in account management
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build relationships internally and externally
- Strong problem solving with ability to think on their feet
- Possess a solid track record of at least five years’ B2B sales experience and Bachelor’s degree
- Possess integrity as well as a strong work ethic and core values
- Show aptitude for taking a leadership role
- Be team-oriented
- Have a desire to build relationships and not just sales
- Able to use both computers and apps to facilitate assigned tasks, including Microsoft Office Suite of Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Provide customer service to resolve issues, concerns, or complaints
Applying for this Job: Please submit your resume. Job references are necessary and will be checked.
Salary/Compensation: Generous compensation package includes salary, commission on all new business sales, a company car, laptop, cell phone, and a full benefits package including:
• Health insurance
• Matching savings program and 401K benefits
• Paid time off
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION:
Please submit your resume to email@example.com. References will be required as part of the interview process.